Laura Mae Biography
Originally from Seabright Nova Scotia in St Margarets Bay.
Laura Mae’s interest in Plant Medicine led her to study Herbalism & Aromatherapy.
Practitioners of aromatherapy believe essential oils are absorbed through the skin where they can affect the whole body & promote our own body’s natural wellness.
- Dalhousie University Halifax NS 1995-1996
- Herbal medicine making~ Douglas College, BC 1999
- Botany~ Douglas College, BC 1999
- Herbal Soap Making ~ Cranberry Lane, BC 1999
- Foundation in Herbal Studies, with Danette Steele M.A., RH, N.S. 1yr 2001
- Herbal studies workshop Danette Steele M.A., RH, N.S. 2004
- Professional Aromatherapy, N.S. 4yrs ~Casaroma Wellness Center ~N S 2007-2010
- Herbal Tonics with Danette Steele M.A. RH, 2014
- May Flower Herbal Studies with Savayda Jarone RMH 2014-2015
- Professional Aromatherapist 2010- present.
- Board of Directors member ‘The Herbalist Association of Nova Scotia’ ~HANS~2011-2013
- Organizer/volunteer @ ‘The Halifax Crafter’s Society’. http://www.halifaxcrafters.ca/ 2003 -2013
- Osha Mae Soap is a legally registered & insured company.
- All products have been processed by Health Canada Regulations Standards.
- Our goal is to provide Safe, Natural, Pleasurable, Purifying experiences for our clients.
- We create unique natural herbal soap and sundries with superb quality ingredients.
- Aromatherapy is Art, organic chemistry, & botany combined.
- Formulating effective plant synergies is our passion.
- We create unique herbal products for aromatic pleasure & to sooth the skin.
- Our Professional Aromatherapist pairs herbs with pure essential oils in all formulations.
- Soap bars are still made by hand in small batches for the finest quality finished product.
- We have developed a variety of skin care tonics, Serums, Sprays & Lotions with effective results.
- For over 10 years we have been making soap and formulas for the naturalist in you.
- The ingredients are earth derived & consciously sourced from the finest organic suppliers.
- We pay close attention to what is growing Native here in Nova Scotia.
- We include these herbs, Sea vegetables & Plants in our products to benefit your healthy skin glow.
- Many of our Native Plant species here in Nova Scotia hold within them many valuable uses.